Saturday, May 5, 2012

.:May the 4th:.

May the 4th be with you...
What an eventful day... Yes it was "Star Wars Day" but it was also the day that Rigby High School (my high school) was evacuated due to a bomb threat. I also went to the Riot Zone (they were having a discount V.I.P. deal) and it's also the day that I was apparently Wendy (yeah, that red head from the fast food chain Wendy's).

Bomb Threat:
I have an outside perspective of the situation. So I was driving to the high school, on my way to fourth hour, (I don't have a third hour)... anyway as I parked and stepped out of my vehicle a police man with a heavy duty gun instructed me to remain in my car. I was confused to say the least... So as I sat in my car waiting in anticipation to find out what was going on, I saw a line of army men with guns run around the school, an ambulance and multiple cop cars pull into the parking lot, and within seconds after that kids started running out from their classrooms onto buses. I was now getting nervous. As more and more kids evacuated the building and more and more buses left the school I began to wonder if I should leave too. So I stepped out of my vehicle to ask the police man for further instruction and he said, "Mam, I advise that you leave right now and get a reasonable distance from the school." Yes, I know realized this wasn't just a drill. Being super curious as to what was going on I followed one of the buses, it led me to the Jr.High. As I sat there my mind began to wander to possibilities of the situation... Questions that crossed my mind: What if there are people being shot in the school? What if my brother has been hurt? What if my friends or any of my peers have been harmed? I was starting to feel sick. Luckily not too long after this wave of panicked questions fluttered through my mind my brother and friends texted me, letting me know that everyone was ok and that there had been no live violence at the school. In the end it was just a threat but still very concerning and serious. However; no one was harmed and no weapons were found at the school. After the bomb scare, I proceeded to carry on with my normal plans for the day and go to the Riot Zone with: Raquel, Erika, Jen, and Jessica.
Here is part of the story online:



Riot Zone. 
Regardless of the previous events of the day we all were able to have fun at the Riot Zone. While we were there we ended up forming a group with: Zach, Dillon, Josh, and Denum. <--(I'm not sure how to spell his name haha.)Some things that happened: Raquel and I interpretive dancing, getting competitive with annoying little kids on the bumper cars, splitting up over affectionate couples on the bumper boats, and getting caught in the rain and wind. Overall it was pretty fun but being human we had to leave and get food. So what better place than Wendy's!



Wendy's.
So apparently while I was up ordering an older man locked eyes with Zach (from outside) and proceeded to walk in and right up to Zach and say "I come to Wendy's all the time, like everyday, but I've never seen Wendy... until today!" and he then pointed at me! Haha. Once we got our food and sat down Josh and Zach told me what had happened. I also happened to get a free large Rootbeer, over hear a story about a little girl peeing in her car seat, and then when the old man was leaving he was like, "Hey, Wendy! The food and service tonight was great as always. You should come in more often, bye Wendy!" haha and in between those phrases I was just saying things like, "Hello. Thank You." and "Make sure to come again!" Then as we were running outside to get in our cars and go back to the Riot Zone Jessica ran and nearly jumped into a guys car (she thought his car was mine) but stopped after she had opened his door and saw it was a big older guy and there was beer in the backseat. It was so hilarious. 



From there we went back to the Riot Zone for about an hour and then everyone went home, except for Josh stayed at me and Zach's house for a while, but then he too went home.

Good Times ^_^

...

1 comment:

  1. That's frightening. Anything come of it? Glad everyone was o.k...

    ReplyDelete