Monday, May 28, 2012

.:This Is Actually Happening:.

Let me start by saying I have never been so excited for anything in my life! I am nearly a month away from visiting one of my best friends in the whole wide world!!! I've known for over five months that I would be traveling with her but the reality hadn't set in... until now. I cannot even find the words to describe how excited I am. My one desire in life is to travel. Last year I got to spend the summer in California and I was soo grateful for that. This year I get to travel to Thailand and China and I am beyond grateful! Slightly scared... but definitely grateful. Just this last week I re-read one of my most loved books ever, "The Noticer" and it reminded me that we all have at least one thing to be grateful for and in the book it says, "What you focus upon increases". This is so true. Therefore the more we focus on what we are grateful for the more things to be grateful for will come into our lives. For example, I used to dwell and pity on how my family isn't rich and therefore I believed that I would never get the opportunity to travel. Then I read this book and began to wake up every morning and say all the things I was grateful for. Among those things was the fact that my family had a car, and with that car we could at least travel to some places (even if that didn't mean vacationing in Rome). As I began to believe in possibilities of things I began to have multiple opportunities come to me. For example: being invited to participate in the Miss Teen of America Pageant, spend the summer as a nanny in California, go to Wanderlust (a huge summer festival up in the mountains), and meet some amazing foreign exchange students (Taylor B. Jen G., and Judith T.) And along with having the opportunity to become great friends with these people was the opportunity to travel. And all this amazing stuff happened not too long after I decided to live with an "Attitude of Gratitude" 


So please excuse my jumbled thoughts, but I had to release my energy somewhere, and I haven't written in a while, therefore this seemed to be the perfect place to splatter my electric mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment